This is Customer Service Week. Now you might think that every week, or every day, is about providing excellent customer service. That’s what I would say too. But this week is actually more about recognizing the people on your team who work with your customers and help ensure that they are properly taken care of.
If you have people who service your customers, this week is a great time to:
- Boost morale, motivation and teamwork.
- Reward frontline reps.
- Increase company-wide awareness of the importance of delivering super customer service.
- Thank colleagues in other departments for their support.
- Remind customers of your team’s commitment to creating raving fans.
There are a million ways to show your appreciation for your fantastic team members. Here are just a few ideas:
- Throw a party and provide breakfast, lunch or afternoon treats.
- Hand out certificates of appreciation.
- Bring in a massage therapist to provide seated or chair massages.
- Play games or other fun activities and award prizes.
- Give away special gifts (Gratitude Cookies or Zen Crunch make an especially nice gesture).
It’s not so much about what you choose to do, as much as that you do something to recognize the efforts of your customer service team.