September is a great time to say thank you to customers. Unlike in December and even November, you clients are not inundated with cards, gift baskets and goodies this month. That means your goodwill gesture will stand out, make a bigger impression and create more buzz.
There are plenty of special holidays or reasons to show appreciation and say thanks for business this month. September is Apple Month, Fall Hat Month, Honey Month, Self Improvement Month, Skin Care Awareness Month, Guide Dog Month, National Preparedness Month.
- Cheese Pizza Day – send a gift certificate for a local pizza place
- Read a Book Day – share a copy of your favorite business or inspirational book
- Teddy Bear Day – who doesn’t love a cute Teddy Bear?
- Chocolate Milkshake Day – a gift card is probably the way to go here
- Play Doh Day – send a mini jar of this childhood favorite. Who’s not going to play with it?!
- Talk Like a Pirate Day – find a translation guide to send
- Elephant Appreciation Day – write a note on a card with a picture of an elephant
- Comic Book Day – get really creative and make your own
- Pancake Day – pancake mix and a bottle of syrup
- Chewing Gum Day – easy enough to mail or drop off a pack of gum
- Most appropriately, September 27 is National Thank You Day.
Pick one of these fun holidays and use it as a reason to send your customers a note or gift. Remember, if you improve your customer retention rate by just 5%, you can expect to see an increase in profits of 25-100%. Seems like a worthwhile investment to me.
Need help coming up with creative gift ideas to reward loyal customers? Reach me at lori @ zenrabbit.com and let’s brainstorm.